I'm having trouble installing in linux. I don't see any documentation on how to install this software.
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
blazing fast terminal-ui for git written in rust
I do most of my git usage in a terminal but I frequently found myself using git UIs for some use cases like: index/commit, diff, stash and log.
Over the last 2 years my go-to GUI tool for this was fork because it was not bloated, snappy and free. Unfortunately the freepart will change soon and so I decided to build a fast & simple terminal tool myself to copy the fork features i am using the most.
- Fast and intuitive keyboard only control
- Context based help (no need to memorize tons of hot-keys)
- Inspect, commit, and amend changes (incl. hooks: _pre-commit_,_commit-msg_,_post-commit_)
- Stage, unstage, revert and reset files, hunks and lines
- Stashing (save, pop, apply, drop, and inspect)
- Push/Fetch to/from remote
- Branch List (create, rename, delete, checkout, remotes)
- Browse commit log, diff committed changes
- Scalable terminal UI layout
- Async git API for fluid control
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- GitUI v0.23 more fuzzy finding and rewording commitsJun 21, 2023
- GitUI v0.22 supports submodules nowNov 22, 2022
- GitUI v0.19 supports bare reposDec 23, 2021
- GitUI v0.17 ReleaseAug 22, 2021
- GitUI v0.16.0 ReleaseMay 29, 2021
- GitUI v0.15.0 ReleaseApr 28, 2021
- GitUI v0.14.0 ReleaseApr 12, 2021
- GitUI v0.12.0 ReleaseMar 05, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is so nice that I want to live in the UI, no kidding ! Great job on creating something that's fast, terminal friendly and simply elegant. Keep up the good work.
Interesting tool! :-)
Wouldn't it make more sense to put a Git-related tool on something like GitHub where the sources can be versioned and reviewed the Git way?